Commitment to Data Protection
The Data We Collect
As part of the service offered, we may collect location data from your end-users. The types of information may include, but are not limited to:
- Encrypted beacon ID detected by end users’ device;
- User agent of Starbeacon SDK; and
- Anonymized App-device ID.
Purposes for which your end user’s Data are Collected and Used
The purposes for which your end user’s information are collected and used may include, but are not limited to:
- Compute the proximity zone and indoor position in order to provide the Starbeacon service
- Assemble, compile, analyse, modify and transform for the purposes of conducting research and statistical analysis, maintaining and enhancing Starbeacon location service;
- Research and develop new services;
- Any services and products we may offer to your business entity or your business entity requires from us from time to time; and
- Personalize the Services and provide business solutions that fulfills the customer’s needs.
Disclosure and Transfer of Data
Data Collected by Us
Ensuring your end user’s privacy is important to us. We do not share the information collected from your end-users with third parties, except as described in this Policy. Examples of how we may share information include:
- Disclose data for legal purposes or to comply with the law;
- Share with your consent or at your direction; and
- We reserve the right to use and disclose any information collected that is not in a personally identifiable form.
Please note that due to the nature of our service, information collected may be maintained and processed on computers located outside your country.
We seek to use our best effort to protect information we collect from your end users by implementing various internal policies, which include technological, physical and management measures. We would also perform regular review on our data security policies in order to maintain the data collected from end users are protected with all reasonable means.
We retain your information in the appropriate form for the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and to fulfill the purpose mentioned above. Any information that is no longer useful for providing our services will be destroyed.
Our Services do not direct to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under 13.
From time to time, Starbeacon may change, remove, or add to the terms, and reserves the right to do so in its discretion. Any changes we made will be posted on this page and indicate the date of revision.
Last Modified : 11 Jun, 2019